Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These sweet and tangy cookies are a delicious twist on the traditional thumbprint. Try them today!
- 3⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 drops lemons, flavour (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup potato starch, for kneading
- 1⁄2 cup lemon curd
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and zest (flavouring if using).
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing enough to combine.
- With your hands, knead in enough of the potato starch to make the dough easy to handle.
- Roll into 2-teaspoon sized balls, pressing your finger in the middle to make a dent.
- Bake in on a parchment-paper lined sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10-13 minutes until very lightly browned.
- Reinforce the dents with your finger before they cool.
- Fill the dents with lemon curd once cool.