Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are my favorite pancakes. I used Meyer lemons from my uncle's tree to prepare these - If you have access to this sweet, juicy variety I recommend using them. If not, a regular lemon will certainly do. I prefer them with real eggs and rice milk, but you can use egg replacer and any type of milk replacement. Try raspberry jam on them instead of syrup... it works wonderfully with the flavor and texture of the pancakes. If you use a pancake mix besides Pamela's, be sure to use the right ration of liquid that it calls for.
- 473.18 ml Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix (gluten-free)
- 2 large eggs (or egg replacer equivalent)
- 354.88 ml milk or 354.88 ml non-dairy milk substitute
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- 118.29 ml fresh blueberries
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly until they are smooth with no olumps.
- Fold blueberries in gently.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle at a time. Cook until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook the second side.
- Serve hot with butter, real maple syrup and/or raspberry preserves. Leftover pancakes should be cooled, then stored in ziploc bags in the freezer or refrigerator. They can be reheated in a toaster oven or on a griddle, or microwaved for about 1 minute.