Recipe by Chef Q in Oregon
This is a recipe I saw on the food network. I changed the amount of lemons used and made my own gluten free crust. Use partchment paper for a no-stick cake. The results, a super delicious and refreshing cheesecake perfect for any occasion.
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease bottom of 9 x9 inch baking pan with butter. Place parchment paper in pan and press down. For best results use two pieces; place first piece down then lay the second down in the opposite direction, so that when done cooking you can use the paper to pull the cake out of the pan.
- CRUST: In a bowl combine the flour, xanthan gum and both sugars. Melt butter and cut into the flour combination until it's well incorporated, looking like moist bread crumbs.
- Pour moistened flour into baking pan and press down. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minute unitl slightly firm. Set aside to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
- FILLING : Add the cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar to your food processor or blend until it has a smooth consistency.
- Pour onto the cooled crust, drop the blueberries in the batter. They should sink about 1/2 way.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the center is slightly jiggley. Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool completely. After cooled, place in the refrigerator a minimum of 3 hrs before serving. Once set remove from pan using the parchment paper and cut into desired size. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar, eat like this or add your favorite topping.