Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Awesome Gluten Free Lemon Bars that have the traditional shortbread like crust with the tangy, sweet-sour filling of lemon. This was my Grandmother's recipe that I converted to gluten free. Fantastic on a hot summer day!
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (can use df margarine if needed)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, butter, powdered sugar. Press in ungreased square pan 8x8x2 building up edges. Bake 20 minutes.
- Beat remaining ingredients until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust and bake about 25 minute
- Cool and cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Enjoy!
These are so good! I am the only one with Celiac Disease that HAS to eat Gluten Free, also the only one who cooks. I do not tend to be bothered by the gritty texture anymore that most GF flours have but the rest of my family is. They also LOVED this recipe!
These were really a hit in my house. I did up the amount of lemon juice to 3 tablespoons. The flour and butter were combined using the food processor. Like I said delicious!
I used Meyer Lemon when I made this and it just wasn't flavorfully sour enough for me. I want INTENSE lemon zing!