1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Korean Salmon and Scallion Pancake (Pajeon)
This is a popular Korean dish called Pajeon (“pa” = green onions, “jeon” = pancakes). Instead of salmon, you can also use different seafood, such as shrimp, squid and clams, or make it vegetarian.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon sake (optional) or 1 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour or 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (or Egg Replacer for 1 egg)
- 200 ml water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups scallions, cut into 2-inch length
- oil for cooking the pancake
- 1Place the salmon fillet in the center of an aluminum foil piece. Season with salt and pepper and pour sake or wine on top (if using).
- 2Wrap the salmon with the foil and cook in the oven or oven toaster for 20 – 25 minutes at 400°F/200°C.
- 3In a small bowl, mix all the 6 ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- 4In a larger bowl, mix flour, salt, egg, water and sesame oil.
- 5When the salmon is cooked, remove the skin and flake the salmon with a folk.
- 6Add scallions and salmon flakes to the pancake mixture and mix.
- 7Heat a large non-stick frying pan and spray oil.
- 8Pour the pancake mixture and cook both sides for about 5 minutes each until lightly browned. (To flip the pancake, you can place a large plate on top of the frying pan, invert the pan over the plate, and transfer the pancake to the frying pan to cook the other side.).
- 9Transfer the pancake to a large plate and slice it.
- 10Infuse love and serve with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Korean Salmon and Scallion Pancake (Pajeon)
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 144.6 mg
- Sodium 1722.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste