Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Irish Soda bread recipe from Gluten-free Living- as yet untried by me. Posting this bread here for safe-keeping as I have been recommended to try it.
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 cups gluten-free flour, mix (use a purchased blend that includes added gums)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (make sure gluten-free)
- 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F Use a 9” pan or 2-6” round pans - Spray with cooking oil.
- Combine the wet ingredients in one bowl, and the dry in another.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just incorporated, do not over mix.
- Pour dough into prepared pan. The 9” pan will bake for approximately 60 min., the 2-6” pans will bake for approximately 50 minute
- Bread will be lightly browned when done.