Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sweetened with wild honey and made with local tree-ripened peaches, this is will be our favorite peach pie from now on. The prep time shown below is dependent upon whether or not you use ready-made crusts, and whether you peel peaches with a boiling water/ice water bath or just peel them raw.
- 2 pie crusts (May use gluten-free. May use ready-made or make your own.)
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Prepare crusts, place bottom crust in an oiled pie plate, cut vents in top crust and set aside.
- Using a large skillet, toss peaches, cornstarch, cinnamon and baking soda. When cornstarch is dissolved, add honey and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Pour into bottom crust. Add vented top crust. Crimp and seal crusts. Place on a baking sheet. Cover lightly with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove foil, and continue baking for 20-25 minutes longer until crust is slightly browned.