You may notice that my “honey cake” actually has no honey in it. Feel free to experiment and amend the recipe if you miss the honey. Personally, I think this tastes just like the lekach my Bubby made for us back in the day, when I used to visit her on Long Island.
- Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over 2 tablespoons organic decaf coffee, cool.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, combine agave, oil, eggs and coffee.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, then stir in raisins.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.