Recipe by Elana's Pantry
You may notice that my “honey cake” actually has no honey in it. Feel free to experiment and amend the recipe if you miss the honey. Personally, I think this tastes just like the lekach my Bubby made for us back in the day, when I used to visit her on Long Island.
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons organic ground decaffeinated coffee
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over 2 tablespoons organic decaf coffee, cool.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, combine agave, oil, eggs and coffee.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, then stir in raisins.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.