Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The traditional holiday pumpkin bread, only without wheat. It works fine.
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot
- 1⁄2 cup chestnut flour
- 3⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat eggs into sugar and butter mixture.
- Add 1/3 of dry ingredients to mixture and beat in.
- Add 1/2 of pumpkin and beat in.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and pumpkin, alternating.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 or until loaf springs back when tapped.
- Let stand at least 3 hours before slicing.