Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 39 mins
Based on a recipe from my Cuisinart’s Convection Bread Maker Recipe Booklet. This is for the large (2 pound) loaf. Measurements for the medium (1 ½ pound) loaf are in parentheses.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk, at 80-90 F (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces at room temperature (3)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (not artificially-flavored pancake syrup use real maple syrup, 3)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature (gently and safely warm cold eggs by placing whole eggs in a bowl and covering with moderately hot ta)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar (3/4)
- 2 teaspoons salt (1 1/2)
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown rice flour (1 1/3)
- 1 cup cornstarch (3/4)
- 1 cup potato starch (3/4)
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour (1/3)
- 1⁄2 cup garfava flour (1/3)
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, chopped (1/3)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons xanthan gum (2)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons gelatin (1)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast (2 1/4) or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast (2 1/4) or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast (2 1/4)
- Fit the bread pan with the kneading paddle.
- Add milk, butter, maple syrup, eggs and cider vinegar to the bread pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except yeast, to medium-sized bowl and stir together. Add to bread pan.
- Add yeast to bread pan and place in the Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker.
- Press Menu and select Gluten Free.
- Select dough size.
- Press start to mix, knead, rise, and bake.
- Tip: For best results, while dough is kneading, scrape the sides of the bread pan with a rubber spatula to fully incorporate ingredients.
- When cycle is completed, remove bread from machine and transfer to wire rack to cool. Bread is easier to slice when cool.