These delicious mini-quiches are both satisfyingly sweet and savory. Fresh earthy spices and savory Colby-Jack cheese are perfectly balanced with the crust made from Pamela's Gluten Free Pecan Shortbread cookies. This recipe is easily doubled to make 36-40 mini quiches or one 9-inch pie (***see baking notes at bottom of recipe for whole pie.).
- 0.5 (7 1/4 ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies (Pamela's Gluten-Free brand recommended)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup ham, finely chopped (gluten-free deli slices or leftover cooked ham)
- Crush the cookies in food processor or large Ziplock bag, then stir in melted butter.
- Put 1 teaspoon cookie mixture into 18-22 mini tart or mini muffin cups. Tamp down with thumb or tart press to create a bottom crust.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except the ham.
- Spoon about 1-2 Tablespoons of the mixture into each mini tart cup.
- Sprinkle chopped ham over the tops of each quiche.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- If desired, broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- ***To bake a full pie: Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove foil and broil 2-5 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Thanks to Pic A Chef I picked this recipe to try.
This is one recipe we were so surprised with. This recipe came out so good. Loved it!
I chose to use one round pan instead of individuals ones.
This is a recipe we will be making again.