1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Ham & Cheese Quiche Bites
These delicious mini-quiches are both satisfyingly sweet and savory. Fresh earthy spices and savory Colby-Jack cheese are perfectly balanced with the crust made from Pamela's Gluten Free Pecan Shortbread cookies. This recipe is easily doubled to make 36-40 mini quiches or one 9-inch pie (***see baking notes at bottom of recipe for whole pie.).
My Private Note
mini qu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (7 1/4 ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies (Pamela's Gluten-Free brand recommended)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup ham, finely chopped (gluten-free deli slices or leftover cooked ham)
- 1Crush the cookies in food processor or large Ziplock bag, then stir in melted butter.
- 2Put 1 teaspoon cookie mixture into 18-22 mini tart or mini muffin cups. Tamp down with thumb or tart press to create a bottom crust.
- 3Combine the rest of the ingredients except the ham.
- 4Spoon about 1-2 Tablespoons of the mixture into each mini tart cup.
- 5Sprinkle chopped ham over the tops of each quiche.
- 6Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7If desired, broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- 8***To bake a full pie: Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Remove foil and broil 2-5 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Ham & Cheese Quiche Bites
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 125.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g