Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are great for a quick breakfast, with soup for lunch or an afternoon snack. They are kept in the fridge, but can be wrapped in wax paper and reheated quickly in the microwave. Try other spices or cheeses for a different taste. Bake in a mini muffin tin for appetizers.
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch paprika, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 156 g canned flaked ham
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin by spraying with vegetable spray or lining with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together well.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs. Crumble the ham into the eggs then add the other wet ingredients. Mix together.
- Add wet to dry and mix with a large spoon until the dry mixture is moistened.
- Fill muffin cups full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before handling.
- Must be stored in the refrigerator.
These were good. Instead of flaked ham we used shaved. Turned out nicely.