Recipe by cxstitcher
My sister Julie and I worked this up last night….And it turned out so good! It tastes JUST like the Grape Nuts cereal. And coming from someone that loved Grape Nuts cereal and have missed it so much! Then, I had to go Gluten Free…. It's a great substitute. The Teff flour gives it the nutty flavor. Try it, you will love it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups bobs red mill gluten-free whole grain teff flour
- 1 cup bobs red mill fine gluten-free cornflour
- 1 cup bobs red mill gluten-free creamy buckwheat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well together in a large bowl and pour in a 15x12 baking pan.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350 degrees and place in the oven.
- Stir the mixture every 15 minutes for 1 hour. You want the crummy dried texture of grape Nuts cereal. Take out of oven and cool.
- Second bake- If needed…. To finish if not dried enough) Put back in oven for another 30 minutes, stirring at the half way point. We have learned that you really have to watch the baking process, and toss the mixture every 15 minutes, you don't want it to burn.
- Cool and place the grape nut crumbs in sealed container .
- You can easily make this recipe dairy free by using the coconut oil in place of the butter.