Recipe by Elana's Pantry
Here’s a raw, vegan, gluten free granola made of mulberries and walnuts. The trick to making this granola is adding a ton of cinnamon (even more than the 1 teaspoon I have in the recipe below), which accentuates the sweetness of the dried fruits. http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-granola/
- 4 cups walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 dates, pitted
- 5 dried apricots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried mulberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Soak walnuts and salt overnight in a large pyrex baking dish (9x13).
- 2. Rinse the walnuts, rinse the baking dish, then place the nuts back in the baking dish.
- 3. Place nuts in oven on lowest setting (our oven is 135°) and dehydrate for 24 hours or until crispy.
- 4. Once nuts are dehydrated, remove from oven and set aside.
- 5. Place dates and water in food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms.
- 6. Add walnuts, apricots, mulberries and cinnamon and pulse until coarse, like granola.
- 7. Place in oven in large pyrex dish and dehydrate again for 24 hours or until crispy.
- 8. Serve as a snack or as cereal with almond milk.