Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from: http://www.thehealthychef.com/2013/01/gluten-free-banana-bread/ Sometimes I add about a cup of chocolate chips for a bit of extra decadence and sweetness!
- 25 g flax seeds
- 70 g walnuts
- 300 g bananas, very ripe
- 3 eggs, free range
- 60 g honey
- 60 g macadamia nut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 g almond meal
- Turn on oven to 160ºC, 325ºF.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Set blades spinning at speed 8. Drop flaxseed through the hole in the lid to grind fine. Tip out and set aside.
- Place walnuts in TM bowl. Hit turbo 2 or 3 times to coarsely chop. Tip out and step aside.
- Place bananas in TM bowl. Mix 30 seconds/speed 4 - or until completely liquified.
- Add eggs, honey, oil, cinnamon, baking soda and lemon juice. Mix 30 seconds/speed 4 or until thoroughly combined.
- Add the salt, almond meal, and ground flax seed. Mix 45 seconds/speed 4.
- Stir in the walnuts manually (this is also the time to add in the chocolate chips, or raisins if you're using them).
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 55 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.