Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
from living without
Make and share this Gluten-Free Graham Crackers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour (Gluten Free Flour - Lw Blend)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together gluten-free flour mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt.
- Using your fingertips, work butter into dry ingredients.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons cold water, honey and vanilla. If dough is too dry, add a little more cold water, a teaspoon at a time.
- Gather dough into a soft ball. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and line with parchment paper.
- Cut two zip lock bags (gallon size) down each parallel side so that each opens out into one long sheet. Roll a piece of dough between the two sheets to about 1/8-inch thickness, depending on how thick you like your graham crackers. Cut into 2 x 3-inch pieces and prick lightly all over with a fork. Remove top zip lock sheet. Take remaining sheet with dough on it and turn it over. Lay it flat, rolled dough side down, onto prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. If cookies spread and bake together, re-cut while still warm and loosen them. Let cookies cool slightly before transferring to cooling rack.
Made for Spring PAC 2009. I'm not leaving any stars at this point because I had trouble getting them to roll out good. It has been pretty warm here the last couple of days and I think that may have had something to do with it. I will try these again on a cooler day and re-review them. Will get back with you AZ!