Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
I get emails from Gluten Free Club that sends recipes every few days. This it what I got today and it looks easy and fun! If you don't have potato starch, you can substitute it with cornstarch, which is more easily accessible. I am not including chilling time. Enjoy!
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into squares and place them into boiling water. Cook them until just softened. Drain them and mash them well. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients well. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours.
- Dust the dough with rice flour to keep it from sticking as you work with it.
- Separate the dough into 4 - 6 pieces. Make these into twisty tie pieces that have a diameter of 1/2 inch. Slice them into 1/2 inch long chunks.
- In a large pot with salted water. Boil the gnocchi for about 5 minutes and they rise to the surface of the water and are softened.
- With a slotted spoon, take the cooked gnocchi after they've come to the surface and jiggle them to get rid of extra water. Serve these up with warm or melted butter or tomato sauce.