Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a thin, crisp cookie. It definetly, "snaps".
- 1 cup cane syrup (Roger's brand preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon guar gum or 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Heat cane syrup to the boiling point in a pan on stove or in large glass measuring cup in the microwave.
- In large mixing bowl add:.
- 1/2 cup canola oil.
- Pour boiling syrup over oil.
- Let cool.
- Sift and stir in in the dry ingredients.
- Make small balls and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Flatten out with rice floured fork or rice floured glass bottom.
- Pressing to desired thickness (I like mine quite thin as this is a crunchy cookie!).
- Bake until well browned, about 10 to 12 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove from pan while warm and let cool on cooling rack.