1/7 Photos of Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies
These are really delicious, this is the first gluten free recipe that I created myself! They taste exactly like wheat containing gingersnap cookies. These are regulars on my Christmas cookie tray. When I first made them my family couldn't believe that they were gluten free.Plus they freeze really well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar, plus some for rolling
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 2 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1In medium bowl, cream butter, sugar, molasses, and eggs.
- 2In large bowl combine dry ingredients;stir into butter mixture.
- 3Refrigerate for several hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Scoop out dough, and shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- 6Roll into granulated sugar.
- 7Arrange at least 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. (They spread while baking).
- 8Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. (Baking less time will give you a chewy cookie; baking more will make them crisp).
- 9Cool on wire racks.
- 10If desired sprinkle with more granulated sugar.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 161.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: