Recipe by GlutenFreeGirl
These are really delicious, this is the first gluten free recipe that I created myself! They taste exactly like wheat containing gingersnap cookies. These are regulars on my Christmas cookie tray. When I first made them my family couldn't believe that they were gluten free.Plus they freeze really well!
Top Review by Kamark
This is a fabulous recipe! It makes a ton of dough; we actually made the cookies over several sessions because the dough would start melting after it had been out of the fridge for too long. These cookies went so wonderfully with sliced strawberries, we're thinking about converting the recipe into a sort ginger graham cracker-like crust.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar, plus some for rolling
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 2 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, cream butter, sugar, molasses, and eggs.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients;stir into butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop out dough, and shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll into granulated sugar.
- Arrange at least 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. (They spread while baking).
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. (Baking less time will give you a chewy cookie; baking more will make them crisp).
- Cool on wire racks.
- If desired sprinkle with more granulated sugar.