Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice way to create an old favourite while sticking to your gluten free diet!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour, mixture (flour or starches ONLY)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- In a bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add molasses and egg and mis until smooth.
- I use my electric beater for this part.
- In a separate bowl sift together ALL dry ingredients.
- Mix dry into wet a little at a time until all combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from bowl and knead into a ball on a floured surface.
- Roll to about 1/4 inch (5mm) and cut using your favourite cookie cutters. Yield depends on the cookie cutters used.
- Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack. They will be fragile.
- Ice as desired with hard setting icing.
These cookies are one of the best ginger cookies I have had since going gluten free. I really like the taste of ginger so added 1 teaspoon more to the recipe. I let them sit in my refrigerator over night and then rolled them into balls and then flattened them out a little bit. They came out real soft just the way I like them. I will be making these again real soon!