view the full recipe (and more like it) here: http://www.elanaspantry.com/desserts/german-chocolate-cake/
- In a small bowl combine flour, cacao, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, blend eggs, oil, agave nectar and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients into large bowl and continue to blend.
- Oil (2) 9 inch round cake pans and dust with coconut flour.
- Pour batter into pans and bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely then remove from pans.
- Frost and serve.
We loved this cake. Very moist. I added a bit of cinnamon since I did not have The orange peel. I did have to bake it 10 minutes longer which did not create any problem. . Guests enjoyed it and asked that I make this cake again which I certainly will. Thanks for sharing this wonderful gluten free cake
I don't understand why you would say "vegan" frosting when vegans would eat the cake.
I was really excited about this recipe when I saw it, but I wasn't very impressed with the turn out. I found the cake to be quite bland. It was also hard to bake â€“Â slowly burning on the outside while remaining uncooked on the inside. I could also taste the sea salt in the cake. The vegan frosting was very nice and I had never cooked with coconut flour before, which I use in future baking.