Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This is a great recipe for Coeliacs. Clipped from Super Food Ideas - a reader's recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brazil nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups dates, stoned
- 1 cup glace cherries
- 1 cup glace mixed fruit, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup dried fig
- 2⁄3 cup sultana
- 3⁄4 cup polenta
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine nuts, dates and all other fruit ingredients.
- Add in polenta and sugar. Mix well.
- Blend in eggs, vanilla and salt to form a stiff dough.
- Spoon into a greased and lined loaf tin. Smooth top.
- Bake in slow oven (150C) for 2 1/2 hours.
- Cool for 10 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Wrap in foil and store in fridge.