1 hr 20 mins
It took me 18 months, but I finally figured out how to make a fabulous frog eye without gluten! The pasta box does say that it contains lupin and someone with a peanut allergy could have troubles, so be sure to take that into consideration. Enjoy your frog eye again!!! p.s. I found the pasta on vitacost.com. p.s.s. an 8-oz container of Cool Whip can be substituted for the whipping cream and sugar with little change in flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to box directions (~6 minutes). Drain pasta and set aside.
- 2Drain oranges and return to the can with the drained crushed pineapple. Reserve pineapple juice. Cover and refrigerate fruit.
- 3Whisk together rice flour, salt, sugar, egg and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil. Pour over pasta and mix well. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (~1 hour).
- 4Whip whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- 5Fold whipping cream, chilled fruit, pasta mixture and marshmallows together. Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Frog Eye Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.6 mg
- Sodium 66.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: