Recipe by JanaBird
The best gluten free version of fried chicken I have tried. It even tastes good cold as leftovers.
Top Review by bakedapple42
Wow, this fried chicken is wonderful! I followed the recipe exactly, except I baked the chicken after coating it instead of frying. This lowered the amount of fat per serving considerably. The crushed Chex coating came out crunchy and really yummy. No one guessed it was gluten free. Thank you JanaBird, for sharing your recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup gluten free Rice Chex
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- rinse and cut chicken breasts into 2 inch strips.
- combine flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- combine egg with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
- crush rice chex with a rolling pin in a gallon zip lock bag, leave in the bag.
- combine 1/4 cup olive oil with 1/4 cup vegetable oil in skillet.
- pat dry chicken breasts, roll in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture and shake in rice chex.
- place on a paper towel on a plate and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- fry in olive oil and vege oil mixture until golden.
- Spray a baking pan with canola oil and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes on one side, turn and cook an additional 10 minutes to brown and get crunchy.