This is adapted from a deep dish pizza crust recipe I found in the internet. The original recipe called for tapioca starch, but I have had success making this with corn starch and potato starch. It also called for shredded mozzarella, but I use whatever I have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an oven to 450° degrees F (230° degrees C).
- 2Combine the oil, water, egg, and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together the tapioca starch, gluten-free flour, ground flax seed, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4Stir in the buttermilk and egg/oil mixture.
- 5Stir in the cheeses, just until mixed.
- 6Divide the mixture between two 8 inch, round, greased cake pans.
- 7Place on middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 8Reduce heat to 350° degrees F (175° degrees C).
- 9Bake until slightly golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10To use as a pizza crust, remove from oven and top as desired and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Foccacia Bread
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 574.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: