Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a Bette Hagman favorite! This bread is sooo good! It does not store well, or have the same delicious texture the next day (but it never lasts that long, so who cares!). Prep time does NOT include rise time.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons one packet yeast
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- onion salt
- parmesan cheese
- sliced olive
- sun-dried tomato
- Spray 9x13" pan w/ cooking spray.
- Put sugar in water, add yeast, set aside.
- Whisk together rice, tapioca flours, xanthan gum, minced onion and salt, set aside.
- Blend egg, 1 T. olive oil and yeast water. Add flour mixture and beat on high 2 minutes (I have always done this by hand, she recommends a heavy duty mixer but I've never found it necessary).
- Pour the thin dough into prepared pan and spread to cover bottom of pan.
- Dribble remaining 2T. olive oil over top and sprinkle with dash onion salt, parmesan cheese and desired additional toppings.
- Cover and let rise 20-25 minutes (rapid yeast) or 40-45 minutes (regular yeast).
- Preheat oven to 400, Bake 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Serve hot from oven, cut into squares.