This rich, dense, and decadent dessert is astoundingly chocolate-y - you won't believe your tastebuds!
- 113.39 g good-quality semisweet chocolate (I use Sharffen Berger) or 113.39 g bittersweet chocolate (I use Sharffen Berger)
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 118.29 ml cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed)
- powdered sugar (to sprinkle)
- raspberries (to serve)
- vanilla ice cream (to serve)
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a double boiler with barely simmering water, melt chocolate with butter, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar.
- Add eggs and whisk well.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into and 8-inch round pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust.
- Cool pan on rack for 5 minutes, then remove and set onn serving plate.
- When cooled a bit more, dust with icing sugar, cut and serve with raspberries and vanilla bean ice cream.