Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
From Naomi at the Better Batter Gluten Free flour website. I haven't tried it yet, but am really looking forward to it! Prep time is approximate.
- 3 cups gluten-free flour (Better Batter brand recommended)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water (may need more or less)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Divide into eight pieces. Roll each piece into a little ball and dust with more flour.
- Heat up a skillet or iron to 350 degrees.
- Working quickly, roll each ball out into a circle, about 6-8 inches wide.
- Fry for about 15-30 seconds, flip and cook for about 10 seconds more.
- Use immediately.