Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT7 Central & South America. I have yet to try these myself but the original recipe from beyondthewheat.com has rave reviews.
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour, blend (store bought or I think I will use white rice flour and tapioca starch in half the amount)
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄3 cup sorghum flour (or brown rice flour, finely ground to be corn allergy free)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola oil to be soy free)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum (or other gum, 2 tsp if using a GF flour blend that does not contain xanthan gum already)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (plus or minus)
- Preheat griddle to 375°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, water and whisk to blend.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well until dough forms a ball. Dough should be soft and pliable but able to be rolled out w/out sticking to everything. (Too sticky? Add a bit more flour. Too dry? A bit more water.).
- Knead on floured surface until smooth. Divide into equal pieces and roll out in a circle very thinly.
- Place on hot griddle and cook 1-3 minutes on each. Will brown slightly and bubble up.
- Set aside on a towel and cover. (The steam from the hot bread will help make each one softer.) Repeat until all pieces are cooked.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then wrap around whatever you’d like!