Posted for ZWT7 Central & South America. I have yet to try these myself but the original recipe from beyondthewheat.com has rave reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour, blend (store bought or I think I will use white rice flour and tapioca starch in half the amount)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour (or brown rice flour, finely ground to be corn allergy free)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola oil to be soy free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum (or other gum, 2 tsp if using a GF flour blend that does not contain xanthan gum already)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (plus or minus)
- 1Preheat griddle to 375°F.
- 2Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- 3Combine eggs, oil, water and whisk to blend.
- 4Add to dry ingredients and mix well until dough forms a ball. Dough should be soft and pliable but able to be rolled out w/out sticking to everything. (Too sticky? Add a bit more flour. Too dry? A bit more water.).
- 5Knead on floured surface until smooth. Divide into equal pieces and roll out in a circle very thinly.
- 6Place on hot griddle and cook 1-3 minutes on each. Will brown slightly and bubble up.
- 7Set aside on a towel and cover. (The steam from the hot bread will help make each one softer.) Repeat until all pieces are cooked.
- 8Let cool for a few minutes and then wrap around whatever you’d like!
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 412.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: