1/6 Photos of Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas
Az B's Note:
Holy smokes, I just ate a wrap! Boy was that nice. I found this recipe on the Living Without website. What I like most about it is that I will be able to take sandwichs to work again, since these are good warm or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all of the dry ingredients, then cut in or work in the shortening using a pastry blender or two knives or your hand.
- 2Add the warm water, starting with 3/4 cup and mix well.
- 3Continue to add water until a soft, cohesive dough is formed.
- 4Heat a comal, tapa or griddle to medium heat. Then, form a ball of dough into a flattened disk, cupping the outside edges a bit to form a round.
- 5Dust a work surface with corn starch and, esing a bollilo or rolling pin, roll into a round disk about 1/8 inch thick and about 8 inches in diameter or to your preference.
- 6Bake one at a time on a hot griddle until the surface bubbles. Turn only once, the first side should have brown flecks.
- 7Bake until the second side has slightly browned - should brown in a very short time.
- 8Keep warm in a tortilla keeper or wrapped in a cloth until served.
- 9Note: Will freeze in a sealed plastic bag for up to three months.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 550.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fava bean flour