My own recipe, comes out fluffy and nice and need not be frozen. Healthy and full of nutrition, as opposed to rice flour based breads. Can be vegan* This was the foundation recipe of my cookbook - after all of these (and so many others) fantastic reviews, I was inspired. Please check out my book at http://laurie.ecrater.com
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1⁄4 cup garfava flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Combine flours, flax, starches, gum, yeast, salt.
- In the mixer, combine wet ingredients, then add the dry.
- Scrape the sides, and mix on medium for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour into 9x5 pan, and let rise to top of pan (took about 80 minutes). I always, always let it rise in a turned off oven.
- Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool, and slice.
- *use egg replacer of choice to create a vegan loaf, as well as an alternative sweetener for the honey.