Recipe by NikkiNoo
Before going gluten free this is a recipe I used all the time, it was originally wheat flour and beer. Recently I tried it with gluten free all-purpose flour and club soda and it turned out great! Hope you guys enjoy this :)
- 2 lbs fish fillets (I used Tilapia)
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, to dredge
- 1 cup club soda (you could also use a gluten free beer if you have it on hand)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together, then add the club soda.
- Cut the fillets in half then season them with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fish and then dip them in the batter.
- Fry the fish in oil at 350 degrees. Usually only takes about 4-5 minutes and I flip halfway through.