Okay, so the recipe isn't for fish & chips, just the fish. Chips I'm sure you can figure out yourself! This recipe is from "125 Best Gluten Free Recipes". Just one tip: Do not omit the paprika - it helps the batter to brown!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oil in deep fryer or wok to 350°F.
- 2In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Sift cornstarch and paprika over the beaten egg whites. With a rubber spatula, fold it together. Set aside.
- 3Rinse fillets under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Dredge in sweet rice flour. Dip into prepared batter to generously coat, leaving as much batter on the fish as possible.
- 4Deep fry the fish for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until the coating is crisp and the fish is fork tender. Blot on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Fish & Chips
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 28.3 g