1/12 Photos of Gluten Free English Muffins
It is nice to know that you can make English Muffins that are gluten free and delicious. These toast up very nicely. They freeze well and make a delicious breakfast treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup warm water (105 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour, blend (I used Pamela's Gluten-Free Bread Mix and Flour Blend)
- 1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 xanthan gum
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening, room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 egg, room temperature, beaten
- 1 cup warm water (105 degrees F)
- 1In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup combine the warm water, sugar and yeast. Allow to stand for a few minutes to get bubbly.
- 2Measure the flour blend, buckwheat flour, milk powder, salt and xanthan gum into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times to combine.
- 3Add the shortening and pulse several times until the shortening is evenly distributed. Add in honey and beaten egg. Slowly add in water until mixture is wet. It should be the consistency of a thick muffin batter.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray English muffin rings with a non-stick cooking spray, pour a small amount of additional flour blend in to a bowl and dip the prepared muffin rings in to flour lightly.
- 5Place the prepared rings on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or baking mat. Scoop dough mixture into rings. With with the back of a spoon, lightly smooth the tops of the dough. Allow to rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- 6Put cookie sheet into oven and bake 10 minutes. With a spatula, gently flip rings and continue to cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Turning them will prevent them from rising above the rings and produce better formed and more evenly cooked muffins.
- 7Split with fork and serve warm or wrap individually, bag and place in freezer. Defrost and toast to desired crispness.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 330.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: