We manufacture pie machines and turnover machines. The non celiac part of the family has been enjoying empanadas and turnovers however I could not find a recipe that worked well in the machne that was also tasty and gluten free. I think I finally found a recipe and tweaked it for our needs and tastes! We think they taste great and will make all future empanads gluten free!
My Private Note
5 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- 2Wisk together the eggs and oil.
- 3Pour egg mixture over flour mixture.
- 4Stir until combined.
- 5Knead 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and shiny.
- 6Use in your Birds Hill empanada machine or roll into 5" circles with a rolling pin.
- 7Place filling on one half. Fold and crimp.
- 8Place on oiled baking sheet. Brush empanadas with peanut oil.
- 9Bake at 400 for 12 -15 minutes.
Browse Our Top South American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Empanada Dough
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 140.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: