We manufacture pie machines and turnover machines. The non celiac part of the family has been enjoying empanadas and turnovers however I could not find a recipe that worked well in the machne that was also tasty and gluten free. I think I finally found a recipe and tweaked it for our needs and tastes! We think they taste great and will make all future empanads gluten free!
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon guar gum
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Wisk together the eggs and oil.
- Pour egg mixture over flour mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Knead 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and shiny.
- Use in your Birds Hill empanada machine or roll into 5" circles with a rolling pin.
- Place filling on one half. Fold and crimp.
- Place on oiled baking sheet. Brush empanadas with peanut oil.
- Bake at 400 for 12 -15 minutes.