Recipe by jensglutenfree
We all love cake, but there is only one kind of cake whose heavy creamy texture relentlessly visits me in my dreams night after hungry night until I finally break down screaming “all right I’ll make some! I promise!”: Cheesecake, of course! (I know, I need help.) Cheesecake has always been my Achilles Heel. It can be very expensive, fattening, and artery clogging, but it’s just so…good! For more mouth watering gluten-free recipes check out www.jensglutenfreeblog.com!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pint light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer on medium, beat the cream cheese, condensed milk, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth
- Blend in sour cream
- Pour into ungreased round baking pan.
- Bake for one hour.
- Insert a knife into the outer perimeter of cake. it should come out clean
- Let cake cool for 2-3 hours, then cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.