Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We all love cake, but there is only one kind of cake whose heavy creamy texture relentlessly visits me in my dreams night after hungry night until I finally break down screaming “all right I’ll make some! I promise!”: Cheesecake, of course! (I know, I need help.) Cheesecake has always been my Achilles Heel. It can be very expensive, fattening, and artery clogging, but it’s just so…good! For more mouth watering gluten-free recipes check out www.jensglutenfreeblog.com!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pint light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer on medium, beat the cream cheese, condensed milk, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth
- Blend in sour cream
- Pour into ungreased round baking pan.
- Bake for one hour.
- Insert a knife into the outer perimeter of cake. it should come out clean
- Let cake cool for 2-3 hours, then cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
This smells amazing. Recipe was so easy.
unbelievably delicious, an awesome recipe. Directions were easy to follow. The only change I made was to make a gluten free crust first, and then add the cheesecake on top of it. I used store bought gluten free crackers, and put them in a food processor and ground them up. big hit at the party I brought this to.
This cheesecake was actually easy & excellent. The only issue I had was probably being a novice baker. It doesn't say the size of baking dish. All I have to say is go big. This overflowed the dish and of course there was nothing under it but oven so the whole place smoked while it baked and smoked the next time I made something in the oven (I forgot about the mess until then). Otherwise after it settled in the fridge overnight it was very very good.