1/7 Photos of Gluten Free Dutch Sugar Cookies
These cookies are very yummy. They are crisp on the outside and alittle soft on the inside. They remind me of those wheat containing animal crackers, that I used to eat as a kid(before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease.)These cookies are very yummy and lots of fun to make and decorate.I like making them with coloured sugar or shaking alittle powdered sugar on them.They also keep very well in a sealed container.Last year I made them to take up to my cottage on our week of holidays. Everyone loved them, and couldn't believe that they were gluten free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Have on hand 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
- 2In a small bowl, whish together the flour mix, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
- 3In the bowl of your mixer, cream sugar and crisco. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, mixing enough to combine. The dough will be a soft ball. With your hands, knead in enough of the potato starch to make the dough easy to handle and roll out.
- 4Using about half at a time, place a piece of plastic wrap over the ball and roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- 5Cut into desired shapes and place on pan.
- 6Decorate with coloured sugars before baking or use frosting to decorate after baking.
- 7(With this dough, you can use all the scraps.) Just scrape them together and roll out again. They will not get tough.
- 8Bake for about 13 minutes. Cool very slightly before removing from the pan.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Dutch Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 77.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: