Recipe by claswood
Trying to replicate Udi's Chocolate muffins. I combined a few recipes for a pretty close copy. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by Maito
These were really good. I used 1/4 teaspoon of the xanthan gum - it was my first time using it, and I think I could tell the difference in the muffins holding together better. The chocolate chips were missing from the instructions, so I assumed you would add them at the end of step 1.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour (Gluten Free)
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour (Gluten Free)
- 1⁄4 cup teff flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa
- 7 tablespoons cocoa (can use 1/2 c. reg. cocoa if you don't have dark cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, mix buttermilk, oil, applesauce, and egg with fork until blended. Stir flours, brown sugar, cocoas (can use all regular cocoa, they just won't be as dark), baking soda, salt, and xantham gum together. Add vanilla and flour mixture to wet ingredients. Stir together until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among 12-14 large muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cool.
- * I like to use Domato Flour for my GF flour mixture, but you can use any GF flour mixture and I sometimes substitute Montina All Purpose Baking Flour for the Teff Flour. I make my oat flour by blending gluten free oats in the blender.