Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These brownies are dedicated to the many chocolate lovers I know that just can't have wheat.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ounce garbanzo flour
- 1 ounce fava bean flour
- 2 ounces sorghum flour
- 2 ounces flax seed meal
- 2 ounces tapioca flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 2 ounces raw organic sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sift togeter dry ingredients.
- melt sugar, butter and applesauce together over low heat.
- cream together eggs and vanilla.
- add sugar, butter and applesauce.
- add sifted ingredients.
- using a #40 scoop, scoop into mini muffin pans.
- bake in 325 degree oven for 13-15 minutes.
Batter was really thick and yummy. I tasted it and decided to add more sugar (1/3 C brown sugar). It just didn't have the sugary sweetness I thought of a brownie. When all was said and done I was only half impressed with these. There was to much of a bitterness to it that I just couldn't get over. I would try it again with even more sugar. I think it would be great with some nice vanilla bean ice cream though!