Recipe by katii
These rich, chocolatey biscuits are scrumptious when dipped into some hot chocolate :)
Top Review by Chrisbee
These were very easy to make and turned out beautifully. I didn't have buckwheat flour so I used sorghum flour instead. These hold up very well in coffee...after dunking they're still very solid, no broken off bits in the bottom of your cup!
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao or 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine eggs, egg whites, vanilla, and creme de cacao in a separate bowl; beat with a fork.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; mix (dough may feel slightly dry).
- Lightly knead 8 to 10 minutes; form into a 16" oval roll that is 1 1/2" thick in the centre.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut, slightly on the diagonal, into 1/2" slices.
- Reduce oven heat to 325* and bake, cut side down, for 10 minutes.
- Turn over and bake for an additional 10 minutes until crisp (centres may be slightly soft, but will harden up when cooled).
- Remove to wire rack to cool.