Chef# 616082's Note:
This is a conversion of Disappearing Sweet Potato Muffins. If you don't love the flavor and can't put your finger on it it's the quinoa. I'd replace it with more brown rice flour or sorghum if you don't like it. I grind the walnuts because we don't like them, but they are a superfood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum
- 1/4 cup quinoa, ground
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and ground
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or ground flax)
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups raw sweet potato, peeled and shredded (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins (soaked in boiling water) (optional)
- 1/2-1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil (I use coconut or grapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1Whisk together the brown rice flour, sorghum, tapioca starch, guar gum, baking powder, spices, salt and grated sweet potato. Toast the almonds in a dry stainless steel pan until you can smell them (about 5 minutes stirring often). Grind the almonds and quinoa. Mix well with dry ingredients until there are no lumps.
- 2In a medium bowl melt coconut oil if you are using whisk in honey, vanilla and eggs (if coconut oil is too hot it will cook the eggs so do them separately if you use coconut oil).
- 3Mix wet ingredients into the dry and fold in the walnuts and drained raisins if you're using them.
- 4Let dough sit for 30 minutes to allow guar gum to set.
- 5If you use an ice-cream scoop you can cook these on a cookie tray covered with parchment because they don't spread much. Or you can grease and flour the cookie tray, spread it in and make a big bar out of it. That's what I do now, it's much easier and faster.
- 6Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Disappearing Sweet Potato Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 304.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: