Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Gluten Free does not have to mean dessert free! I came up with this dessert bread recipe that is really easy AND tasty! I am the one who needs to be Gluten Free, but my husband loves this so much, he usually eats most of it himself!
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Grease 8.5 x 4.5 Loaf Pan.(I use a heavy Pyrex loaf pan for best results).
- Combine: Flours, Baking Powder, Xanathan Gum, Salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Cream Eggs, Brown Sugar & Crisco together, mix in vanilla & applesauce.
- Slowly add the combined flours & dry ingredients, mixing as you go.
- Add in coconut, mixing well.
- Stir in nuts and candies (or chocolate chips) by hand.
- Spread into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 45 - 50 min, depending on your oven.