1 hr 20 mins
Ricky Henry-Davies's Note:
I found this recipe in an old French cook book, it uses no flour (hence the gluten free) and its so delicious, that it just melts in the mouth. I've added a little more chocolate and less butter. Be warned no matter how much you make, you'll never have any left over! (**important**-gluten can be found in some cheaper brands of chocolate please check carefully)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven 180c.
- 2Break chocolate into pieces and melt with the butter in a bowl over hot water mix till smooth. Leave to cool slightly.
- 3Whisk the egg whites till really stiff and slowly add the sugar (this will add volume to the egg whites).
- 4Fold in (with a metal spoon) the egg yolks and finally the chocolate mixture.
- 5(Can add almond meal to stop cake sinking).
- 6Pour into a buttered (leak proof) 9inch cake tin or any oven dish lined with baking/grease proof paper.
- 7Bake for around 60 mins (test middle of cake with clean knife. if not moist its done!).
- 8Leave to cool if you can wait that long and lock the doors!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Delirious Chocolate Cake!
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.4
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 212.3 mg
- Sodium 62.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g