WOW! I just made these delicious danish's. Not only were they fabulous, but they were really quick and easy to make!! Although they don't have a flaky pastry taste like the gluten containing danish's, they have their own little marvalous taste.You won't be able to eat just one! You can make these with your favourite jam. I used a tablespoon of raspberry jam on each danish and drizzled some icing on top.
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- raspberry jam (about 1 tablespoon on each danish)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, Mix well to removie all lumps.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of dough in a small oval on greased baking sheet. Flatten down alittle.Repeat until dough is used.Make a small dent in the middle of the danish with your thumb for the filling.Set aside.
- Now take about 1 tablespoon of your favourite jam and spoon into the imprinted middle of each danish.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- While danishes are baking prepare icing. Use powdered sugar and water to make a runny icing, or prepare your favourite icing making it abit runny.
- When danishes are finished remove from oven and let cool alittle bit. Then drizzle icing over danishes.