Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My granddaughters love pancakes and I have been at a loss for a recipe for them that they like but I can eat too, so today I tried something new. I used Gluten Free Dairy Free Muffins Mix Gluten Free Dairy Free Muffin Mix flour mixture which is one I always keep in my cupboard. Made some adjustments from the muffin mix and came up with the following that the grandkids loved and didn't even know the difference. Now we can all have our Sunday morning favorite again. I don't think ricemilk would work very well in this recipe though.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (I used extra light )
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy milk substitute (I used Living Harvest Hempure vanilla flavour )
- Combine 2 cups flour mixture and 1 tsp.baking powder in large bowl and mix with wire whisk.
- Beat 4 eggs in separate large bowl and add 5 tablespoons olive oil,1 tsp.vanilla and 1+1/2 cup milk substitute and mix well with whire whisk.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix well with wire whisk.
- Drop 1/4 cup measure of batter onto hot lightly greased griddle and cook till bubbles form,approx. 1+1/2 minute. Flip and continue cooking approx 1 to 1+1/2 minute more.
- Keep warm on warmed plate in 200 degree F oven till all cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.