Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This has a little added nutrition with some banana/pineapple puree. If you want, use any fruit puree you would like. I use an electric skillet that holds 4-6 slices at a time.
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons banana puree (or a mix of banana, pineapple, applesauce etc)
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk or 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or stevia, to taste)
- coconut oil or butter, for frying
- maple syrup, honey, powdered sugar or fresh fruit puree, for serving
- 12 -16 slices gluten free bread (depends on size of your slice)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl or pie pan, mix eggs, fruit puree, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.
- Take a piece of bread and dip both sides in the egg mixture, draining off extra coating.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and place slice(s) in skillet, cooking for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown; remove to a plate in the oven to keep warm, while cooking rest of slices.
- Top with syrup, honey, powdered sugar or fruit.