Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this chocolate pudding recipe and am writing it here for safe keeping.
- 2 cups almond breeze almond milk
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup Xylitol sweetener
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat 1 1/2 cups of almond milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cocoa powder and xylitol to almond milk and whisk together.
- Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup of almond milk with corn starch separately in a small bowl.
- Pour in the remaining 1/2 cup of milk to the saucepan. Whisk until thickened and comes to a boil, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour pudding into bowl or bowls and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill for a few hours in the refrigerator.
This is a pretty good, basic pudding recipe. It's exactly what I was looking for. I substituted 2 things: 1 Almond milk for LF whole milk and 2 the sweetener for sugar. It seems, to me, it's missing something.. I can't quite put my finger on it. However, I am excited to substitute new flavors for the chocolate and keep this in my staple lunch box snack-pak for the kids!