Recipe by redcrystal
From the fantastic http://onceamonthmom.com
Top Review by Travis H.
These are wonderful! My 2 year old at them up and asked for more! I did add some spices to the mixture such as onion powder, garlic powder and a touch of cayenne. This gave them a bit more complex flavor that the adults enjoyed as well. Thanks for the kid friendly recipe!
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 2 1⁄4 cups ground chicken
- 1 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 large eggs or 1 large egg substitute
- 1 cup gluten & dairy free dried breadcrumbs or 1 cup crushed gluten & dairy free cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking tray.
- Remove excess liquid from the zucchini. Place zucchinim chicken, carrot, and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Place breadcrumbs on a large plate. Shape the mixture into nuggets and push into the breadcrumbs.
- Place on the prepared baking pan. Continue until no mixture remains
- Spray nuggets with oil.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the nuggets halfway during cooking or until golden and cooked through.
- Freezing Directions: Place cooked nuggets into a freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Heat through.