Recipe by AzMelody
My celiac husband really missed crunchy noodles with his Chinese food, so we were thrilled when this recipe turned out so well.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to 370 degrees.
- Mix egg, flour, salt and water. Use more or less water to reach a thick batter consistency.
- If you have a pastry bag, put the batter in the pastry bag, using a medium-small tip. If you don't have a pastry bag (I don't), take a large plastic Ziploc freezer bag and cut a small piece off of one of the corners. Be careful, as it's easy to cut a larger hole than you need.
- Squeeze the batter out of the bag into the hot oil. I found it easiest to squeeze out a rather large "squiggle", overlapping the strings, rather than trying to make shorter, individual noodles. Having the noodles fry together in a squiggle also makes it easier to turn the noodles to brown on both sides.
- Once the noodles are golden brown, remove from the oil and place on a cake rack to drain. Once the oil has drained and the noodles have cooled, place them in a large freezer bag and use your hands to break them up into smaller noodles.
- Store in the plastic bag.